Don’t miss out on up to $3,600 per child!
In 2021, the federal Child Tax Credit (CTC) was temporarily increased to $3,600 per child under age 6, and $3,000 for children ages 6-17.
If you didn’t file a 2021 tax return, you’re missing out on at least half of your Child Tax Credit.
If you had a baby in 2020 or 2021, you could get up to $5,000 in COVID stimulus payments and child tax benefits for your baby!
There’s a free and fast way to get your full Child Tax Credit: GetCTC.org
If you make less than $18,800 as a single parent, or $25,100 if you’re married, visit GetCTC.org/Hawaii and fill out a short form by November 15, 2022.
Don’t miss out on thousands of federal dollars, like stimulus payments or the Child Tax Credit. Apply even if you have no or low income — or have never filed taxes before.
You don’t need any tax documents — only your child’s/children’s Social Security Number(s), and your Social Security Number or ITIN. (If you have an expired ITIN, you can renew your ITIN and file a paper tax return to get the CTC. Learn more at the IRS website.)
The Child Tax Credit will not affect your immigration status.
If you have a W-2 form, you can also use GetCTC to claim your Earned Income Tax Credit, worth up to $6,700.
How to help others get the Child Tax Credit
Key points about the Child Tax Credit
- To get the Child Tax Credit, you will need to provide the Social Security Numbers of your children, and you'll need a SSN or ITIN.
- If you have an expired ITIN, you can renew your ITIN and file a paper tax return to get the CTC. But you must have had an ITIN by April 18, 2022 — otherwise you won’t be able to receive the 2021 CTC. Learn more at the IRS website.
- You can get the Child Tax Credit even if you have little to no income.
- Generally, the children in your family qualify for the Child Tax Credit if they were under 18 on December 31, 2021, and lived with you for at least six months in 2021.
- Babies born in 2021 are also eligible.
- The Child Tax Credit will not affect your immigration status.
- GetCTC.org is a fast, free way to get the full Child Tax Credit for single parents who made less than $18,800, or married couples who made less than $25,100.
Who can use GetCTC.org?
How does GetCTC.org work?
Printable PDF: There's still time!
Printable PDF: Had a baby in 2020 or 2021?
Flyers via Partnership for America's Children.
Need more help with GetCTC.org?
You can email questions to Code for America, which created GetCTC.org, at [email protected].
Information about ITINs
- Immigrants Without Social Security Numbers Can Still Claim the 2021 CTC Even if their ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) Lapsed (Partnership for America’s Children)
- Immigrants and the Child Tax Credit (White House)
- The Facts About the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) (The American Immigration Council)
- List of current ITIN Acceptance Agents in Hawaiʻi