Spring 2021 Remote Internship - Social Media
How can nonprofits use social media to create social change? This internship is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with digital tools and trends while helping advance solutions to critical issues facing Hawaiʻi’s children and families.
Hawaiʻi Children’s Action Network (HCAN) is nonprofit working to ensure all children are healthy, safe, and ready to learn. By working with families, community leaders, and policymakers, we’re building a united voice educating and advocating for Hawaiʻi’s children.
The social media intern will help HCAN build its digital audience and engagement, working closely with the Director of Advancement. The ideal candidate is passionate about HCAN’s issues and would like to grow their skills in social media and communications.
- Track social media data to analyze patterns and best practices for advocacy organizations.
- Research and generating content to share on the social media profiles that HCAN manages and HCAN’s blog.
- Build positive relationships with social media accounts of community representatives and organizations.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and have completed at least 2 years.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with data analysis and research.
- Experience with graphic design and creative communications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks and execute plans.
- Passion for the mission, vision, and values of Hawaiʻi Children’s Action Network, along with a strong commitment to equity and social justice.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite applications.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Experience with managing professional or organizational social media profiles.
- Working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, public policy, public relations, public health or any related field.