Little Minds Matter is the overall theme for an informational and awareness campaign (currently inactive) directed to parents and caregivers in Hawaii, with an emphasis on families who do not have access to early learning and care.
The objective of Little Minds Matter is to help these parents/caregivers understand:
- How important early learning and early development from 0-5 is to the future success — in school and in life — of the children in their care.
- That they, themselves, can do amazing things to help children develop.
- What they can do to help children under their care.
- Where to go to get suggestions, help and services.
This initiative aims to give all Hawaii's children a successful start in life by helping parents and caregivers provide quality early learning experiences in the home, select the best childcare setting, and provide resources and options for preschool. We focus on brain development because children start to learn right at birth, and how they learn matters as much as what they learn. Recognizing that parents are a child's first and best teachers, we support the development of brilliant little minds through childcare tips and sharing resources available to all Hawaii families.
The steering team includes:
- Early Learning Board
- Kamehameha Schools
- PATCH Hawaii
- Waianae Coast Early Childhood Services
- Executive Office on Early Learning
- Public Charter School Commission
- Developmental milestones
- Child care & subsidies
- Learning tips
- Public charter school preschool
- Public preschool
- Kamehameha Schools' preschool