Hawaii Children's Action Network (HCAN) is a movement supporting keiki and strengthening their families. We advocate for laws and policies that keep our children safe, healthy and ready to learn so they can thrive. We take on the most critical issues facing children and families in Hawaii.
Parent Leadership Training Institute
Children’s Policy Agenda
The Children’s Policy Agenda reflects the input of HCAN Community Champions Members who are committed to improving the lives of Hawaii’s children by promoting public policy changes that benefit their health, safety, education and economic security. The proposed bills and resolutions represent the top priority issues of our Community Champion members.
- Learn more about the Agenda, and see current and previous Agendas
- Become a Community Champion member
- Meet our Community Champion members
Working Families Coalition
The Working Families Coalition is a diversified group of nonprofit organizations, academia, unions and community advocates fighting for Hawaii's families through policy, advocacy, and education. Learn more.
Hawaiʻi Early Childhood Advocacy Alliance
The Hawaiʻi Early Childhood Advocacy Alliance (HECAA) is a partnership of local organizations dedicated to ensuring all children have equitable access to affordable, culturally reflective, high-quality care and education. Learn more.
Little Minds Matter
Little Minds Matter is the overall theme for an informational and awareness campaign directed to parents and caregivers in Hawaii, with an emphasis on families who do not have access to early learning and care. Learn more.
Issues and Research
Learn more about our top issues and latest research. Our priorities include:
- Health: Children should have affordable, comprehensive, quality healthcare from birth throughout childhood
- Safety: Children should be free from abuse, neglect, exploitation, and violence. Economic security is also vital
- Learning: Children and their families should have access to affordable, high-quality early education, and childcare