EMPOWERMENT. ADVOCACY. POLICY.
unifying voices for children
The Hawaii Children’s Action Network Community Champions for Children Membership Plan is a movement of people who share one goal: to make Hawaii a great place to be a kid. We partner with families, policy makers, business leaders, preschools, and nonprofit agencies to ensure Hawaii’s children are healthy, safe and ready to learn. With a unified voice, we speak for Hawaii’s future.
WHAT IS THE COMMUNITY CHAMPIONS FOR CHILDREN MEMBERSHIP PLAN?HCAN has a proven track record in advocating for meaningful policies in early childhood education and development. Our recent successes include:
Creation of the 2016 Hawaii Children’s Policy Agenda and passing 12 of the 24 bills drafted, including:
- $10 million in funding for Preschool Open Doors which provides 1,800 low-income
children preschool subsidies
- $12 million for homeless assistance through Housing First, Rapid Rehousing, and Outreach
- 2 Staff positions for the Executive Office of Early Learning
The Community Champions for Children Membership Plan offers our successful advocacy tools and resources to the nonprofit community and direct service providers. Members get timely information and easy-to-use tools they need to influence positive policies and investments for kids.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Membership term: one year, starting on the date you signup.
- Information is disseminated to you by email.
Participation in the Children's Policy Agenda
Advocacy tools t o advance Children's Policy Agenda bills and policies:
- Bill tracking and updates on bills impacting children during the legislative session
- Sample testimony and talking points for specific hearings
- One-click email testimony
- Sample letters to the editor, op-ed and other media tools
- Social media links and hashtags to mobilize advocates
- White papers, briefings, research, policy positions, fact sheets and data
Exclusive public policy and advocacy alerts:
- Breaking news, events on the national, state and local level concerning children’s issues
- Explanations and interpretations of legislative and regulatory activity
- Notification of relevant national webinars and trainings
- Legislative hearings and information briefings
- Public meetings regarding proposed policy and regulatory changes
Name, logo and link included on HCAN website, and Children's Policy Agenda
Discounts on trainings and conferences
A strategic consultation with the HCAN staff or lobbyist
Individualized meetings scheduled with policy members
LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD - NOW!
Click HERE to download a brochure.
Select a Membership Type Below
(annual budget under $250,000)
(annual budget between $250,000 and $1 million)
(annual budget over $1 million)